OREGON NEUROLOGY ASSOCIATES - PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Prior to your appointment, please:
- Allow sufficient time to park before arriving for your appointment.
- Check in 30 minutes prior to appointment time if paperwork is NOT completed.
- Check in 15 minutes prior to your appointment time if paperwork is completed.
- Bring all insurance cards with you to your appointment.
- Bring ALL medications you are taking in their original packaging.
- Do not wear cologne, perfume or scented lotions to your appointment; we are a scent-free clinic, due to allergies.
- Refrain from smoking prior to your appointment as cigarette smoke on clothing and people can trigger migraines in other patients and doctors.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A medical assistant will see you before the doctor, once you are admitted to the exam room.
- If you arrive late, we may need to reschedule your appointment.
Patients may park in parking structure "C" on the north end of the RiverBend campus. From the 3rd floor of the parking structure, proceed to the Northwest (NW) Specialty Clinics building via the sky bridge. Take the elevator up to the 4th floor. When exiting the elevator, turn left and we're in Suite 410. Again, please allow for parking and walking time.
Follow these instructions EXACTLY to ensure proper preparation for your EEG:
- Hair should be clean and DRY with no conditioner, styling cream/gel/mousse/hair spray.
- Don't consume caffeine after 6 pm the night before your test (i.e., coffee, tea, chocolate, soda).
- Take medications as prescribed, UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR HAS GIVEN OTHER INSTRUCTIONS.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Bring a blanket or warm throw (exam rooms can be chilly).
- Eat normal meals (avoiding caffeine), UNLESS YOUR DOCTOR HAS GIVEN OTHER INSTRUCTIONS.
Follow the EEG preparation instructions, above. In addition, the night before the EEG, limit your sleep to half the usual amount (For example, if you usually sleep 8 hours a night, allow only 4 hours of total sleep). Plan to go to bed at midnight and wake up at 4 am; NO NAPS until EEG exam.
PARENTS: Bring items to the lab that are part of your child's nighttime/naptime ritual (i.e., favorite blankie, stuffed toy, jammies, bottle, pacifier, favorite cell phone/iPad games, music, videos, etc).
NON-SLEEP DEPRIVED EEG
Please follow the EEG preparation instructions, above. Get your regular amount of sleep the night before exam.
- Do not wear ANY lotions to appointment.
- Bring your own shorts if lower extremities will be tested, or paper ones will be provided.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing around your head/neck area for injections.
- Patients must have a driver present at the office PRIOR to the injection being given. We must physically see the driver inside our office.
What is an OCT - Optical Coherence Tomography?
It is often likened to an MRI or X-ray of the eye. This procedure only takes a few minutes, and the equipment never touches the eye, so there is no discomfort.
What is a VFT - Visual Field Test?
This is a method of measuring a person's entire scope of vision that maps the visual fields of each eye, individually. One eye is covered and the patient places his or her chin in a bowl-shaped chin rest. When the patient sees lights or movement of various intensities and at different locations, he/she pushes a button.